You canít beat the cost and performance
If you are currently using the Barr Enterprise Print Server, upgrading to BHCS has some strong benefits including support for newer operating systems and virtualization.
Just email us:
Or call us at:
BARR Host Communications Suite
For high-speed host file transfer, you can’t beat the cost and performance of the Barr Host Communications Suite (BHCS). It can emulate both 3770 (RJE) and Network Job Entry (NJE) communications and supports MS/LUA and HPR/IP connections to mainframe job entry systems. UNIX and AS/400 systems connect via our fast TCP/IP option.
BHCS runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012. It will help you move jobs (print, internal reports, invoices, etc.) from hosts to any printer in your organization, including Xerox EPS printers, and send to applications such as Document Management Systems, online portals, etc.
- Includes print queue management features such as restart, file view, etc
- Runs unattended with auto-logon and auto-restart
- Manages and stores host resources (FCB, UCS) and forms overlays (EBCDIC or ASCII files)
- Provides built-in communications scope and status line for monitoring and diagnostics
- Install on virtual machines
- Supports multiple, simultaneous connections
- Print Xerox formatted files via our Print EPS
- 3.0 GHz single core processor or a multi-core processor
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM
- 100 GB hard drive
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8 pro, Windows 10 pro, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- MS/LUA connections: Microsoft Host Integration Server
- HPR/IP connections: Enterprise Extender
*Don’t forget, BHCS can be installed on virtual machines.
We are easy to reach! Even if your specific document distribution and delivery need was not covered on this page, there is a very good chance we can still help. Please give us a call at 1-800-227-7797 or +1-352-491-3100, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.